Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Federal Trades Program (FSTC)


Click here to be redirected to the Free Assessment form

The Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Trades Program and Canadian Experience Class gives selected applicants the opportunity to become permanent residents based on their ability to establish themselves in Canada in an economically beneficial way. Cando Immigration Services can help make the process as easy as possible for you ensuring you complete your profile and maximize your points and potential for successful nomination (ITA) under Express Entry.

Federal Skilled Worker Requirements:

  1. At least one year of continuous full time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in the last ten years in  occupations Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification list.


  2. Your employer has made a valid employment offer (LMIA or PNP nomination) for a permanent job. If your application is successful you may be issued a work permit and invited to apply for a permanent resident visa. Having an LMIA or PNP nomination will provide your Express Entry profile with additional key points (600) ensuring the best chance to receive an (ITA)Invitation to Apply from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

The selection factors are:

  • your skills in English and/or French (Canada’s two official languages),
  • your education,
  • your work experience,
  • your age,
  • whether you have a valid job offer, and
  • your adaptability (how well you are likely to settle here).

You must also show that you have enough funds to support yourself and your dependents after you arrive in Canada and provide proof of a clean Police Record in all countries in which you have resided and a clear medical record.

Canadian Experience Class

Temporary Foreign Workers with at least one year of full-time skilled work experience in Canada and International Graduates who graduated from an eligible Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time skilled work experience in Canada may be eligible to apply for Permanent Residence via Express Entry CEC.

At Cando Immigration Services, we assist employers in finding and recruiting qualified, skilled workers. We also help you by doing a free and precise evaluation for you, based on a checklist of information and documents that you provide us.

However, you must remember that regardless of the situation Canadian Immigration Officers always have the discretion to accept or refuse an application based on requirements under the IRPA and IRPR.


Federal Skilled Trades Program

The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FTSC) provides individuals with job offers and/or appropriate certification from eligible provinces to work in certain occupations to obtain Canadian Permanent Residency.

Qualification factors for the FSTC

  1. Have offers of employment from up to two employers in Canada of at least one year duration OR a Certificate of Qualification from a provincial or territorial body;
  2. Provide proof of basic language proficiency from a designated language testing organization (IELTS , CELPIP) demonstrating that the applicant meets the minimum threshold set by the Minister (Canadian Level Benchmark (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, 4 for reading and writing);
  3. Have obtained twenty-four months of qualified work experience in the skilled trade in the last five years; and
  4. Be able to demonstrate the skills and experience and that they have performed the essential duties of the occupations

All NOC B level occupations will be eligible for this program. (Chefs, Bakers, Construction)

Click here to be redirected to the Free Assessment form