FEDERAL EXPRESS ENTRY
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FST)
The Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades, and Canadian Experience Class Programs give selected applicants the opportunity to become permanent residents based on their skills and ability to establish themselves in Canada in an economically beneficial way.
The Federal Express Entry Programs use a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to evaluate, score and select candidates. The CRS attributes points to candidates based on:
- English and/or French Skills (Canada’s two official languages)
- Work experience
- Whether the candidate has a valid job offer, and
- Adaptability (how well you are likely to settle in Canada)
You must also show that you have enough funds to support yourself and your dependents after you arrive in Canada, provide proof of a clean police record in all countries in which you have resided, and a clear medical record.
Cando Canadian Immigration Services can help make the process as easy as possible for you ensuring you complete your profile and maximize your points and potential for successful nomination (ITA) under Express Entry.
Federal Skilled Worker Program
The Federal Skilled Worker Program is designed for qualified, experienced candidates who have:
- At least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in the last ten years in an occupation Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification list (NOC)
- Secondary education (High School). Post-secondary education (degree, diploma or certificate) gives you additional points in the CRS
- An employment offer (via LMIA or PNP nomination) is not required but you can get additional points for having a valid job offer (full-time and no-seasonal, for at least one year in occupations Skill Type 0, or Levels A or B). If your application for PNP is successful, you may be issued a work permit and invited to apply for a permanent resident visa. Having a valid job offer via LMIA gives you 200 CRS points for NOC 00 jobs and 50 CRS points for any other NOC 0, A and B jobs. Having a PNP nomination will provide your Express Entry profile with additional points (600) ensuring the best chance to receive an (ITA) Invitation to Apply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Canadian Experience Class
Temporary Foreign Workers with at least one year of full-time or part-time work experience in Canada in the last three years, in one of the occupations NOCs 0, A or B are eligible to apply for Permanent Residence via Express Entry Canadian Experience Class.
Minimum English or French requirements is Canadian Level Benchmark (CLB) 7 for NOC 0 or A and CLB 5 for NOC B.
Federal Skilled Trades Program
The Federal Skilled Trades Program is suitable for candidates with Canadian or foreign experience in technical jobs and skilled trades under key groups of NOC B (such as Chefs, Bakers, Construction).
- A valid job offer (full-time job and for at least one year) OR a certificate of qualification in the an trade occupation skill level B issued by a Canadian authority
- English or French CLB 5 for speaking and listening skills, and CLB 4 for reading and writing
- Have obtained twenty-four months of qualified Canadian or foreign work experience in the skilled trade occupations NOC B