Coming to Canada

Study, Visit or Work in Canada

Whether you are visiting Canada as a tourist, working or studying here to broaden your experience, knowledge and skills, be certain that you will enjoy your stay in Canada.

Every year more than 20 million people visit Canada to enjoy the many opportunities our country has to offer. Depending on where you live and the reason for your visit, you will need to meet certain entry requirements. In some cases, if you plan to stay in Canada for a certain period of time, you will need a Permit as a Visitor, Student or Worker. We can assist you defining the best option for you and your family according to your plans and qualifications, assisting with the application and preparation to arrive in Canada. If you are already in Canada and need to extend your stay, contact us to know whether you can extend your visitor visa and work/study permit.

Study in Canada

Study Permit

More than 130,000 students come to study in Canada every year and even more come to Canada to learn English or French. Foreign students are always welcome and add a rich culture to our classrooms and campuses. As a student, if your studies will last less than six months in Canada, then no Study Permit is required. Any studies beyond six months require a Study Permit, in addition to a Temporary Resident Visa, if you are not from a visa-exempt country. BC and Canada host some of the top universities and colleges in the world and have been an attractive location for International Students to further their education.

Cando Immigration will ensure you have the proper permit prior to commencing your studies in Canada.

To find out if you qualify fill out the pre-assessment form  immigration assessment

Visit Canada

Temporary Visa

Canadian citizens and Canadian Permanent Residents have the right to enter Canada freely. Other visitors to Canada, including tourists, students, and workers, may need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to enter Canada. You do not need a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada if you are from a visa-exempt country. Citizens from all other countries must apply for a Temporary Resident Visa before entering Canada.

Unless you come from a visa exempt country or if you plan on staying in Canada as a visitor for longer than 6 months, you will need a Visitor Permit. Typically, Visitor Permits are valid for 6 months at a time.

Cando Immigration Services will assist you with applying for your Multiple-Entry Visa at the appropriate consulate or embassy.

To find out if you qualify fill out the pre-assessment form  immigration assessment

Work in Canada

Work Permit

Temporary workers enter Canada for a period of time to fill critical skill shortages. These workers are usually provided with a Temporary Work Permit before leaving their home country. There are many ways to qualify for a Work Permit. In some situations, the Canadian employer must demonstrate that they were unable to find Canadian citizens or Canadian Permanent Residents to fill the position. The TFWP has made significant changes to their program which faciltates the entry of workers to Canada.  The Labour Market Impact Assessment LMIA is a detailed process that requires vast knowledge of the program requirements to ensure a detailed application is submitted for consideration. If a positive opinion is obtained it may be used for additional points in your Express Entry profile for Permanent Residence in Canada.

To find out if you qualify fill out the pre-assessment form  immigration assessment

Apply for Permanent Residency

You might qualify to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency from outside Canada through:

To find out if you qualify fill out the pre-assessment form immigration assessment